loader image

Report: Bradford Park Avenue 3-0 Farsley Celtic

Farsley Celtic’s pre-season came to an end today with a 3-0 defeat to Bradford Park Avenue.

It was a pre-season campaign that started back in August at a damp Eccleshill, took in a warm summer’s evening at Golcar, and ended in late September at a baltic Horsfall Stadium.

The final tally will read as four wins, two draws and two defeats, but of course, the build-up to the new campaign is about much more than that.

And next Saturday, when Radcliffe visit the Citadel in FA Cup action, Adam Lakeland’s side will get a taste of competitive football for the first time since March.

As for the game, it was a 15-minute spell that ultimately decided the outcome, a period in which Farsley lost the control they possessed for much of the other 75.

Both teams looked lively from the off, but it was Farsley who came closest to opening the scoring in the first 10 minutes. Tyler Walton made a surging run from midfield before lashing a strike against the outside of the upright.

Dan Atkinson was then called into action to deny the visitors, saving smartly from Jimmy Spencer after the Farsley forward had played a neat one-two with Luke Parkin.

The Celt Army suffered a blow when Tyler Walton was forced off through injury in the 38th minute, and it was the hosts who finished the half the stronger. Lewis Bradley thought he had given his side the lead as his strike beat Steven Drench, however, Jordan Richards had got back to make a last-ditch block on the line.

Just five minutes after the restart the opener arrived via a terrific finish from Brad Dockerty, as he picked his spot from the edge of the box and curled home into the top corner.

Avenue doubled their advantage around the hour mark, Nicky Clee slipping a perfectly-timed pass through to Lewis Knight who slotted under Drench from 10-yards out.

And less than two minutes later it was three as Celtic failed to clear their lines, allowing Mark Ross to ghost in and tap home from close range.

Farsley had a number of half-chances in the final quarter as they finished the game on the front foot, with Jimmy Spencer and Jake Charles coming close, however, the hosts were able to close out the game and secure a 3-0 win.

Attention now turns to next weekend, when Radcliffe are scheduled to visit the Citadel.

Farsley Celtic: Drench, Richards, West, Allan, Ellis © (Syers 46), Clayton, Walton (B. Atkinson 38), Byrom, Spencer, Parkin (Charles 63), Hayhurst. Unused subs: Kelly, C. Atkinson, Maltby.

Dockerty ’50; Knight ’63; Ross ‘65

    Leave Your Comment Here